At HSAC, we strive to catalyze a multi-jurisdiction and comprehensive approach to preparedness, security, and resiliency in the Los Angeles region. We do this by providing innovative technology, unique opportunities for engagement, capability building, and partnerships for the public, private, and civic sectors.
HSAC is transforming crisis management across the region through SALUS-The Crisis Hub®, our web-based platform that puts the power of GIS and big data into the hands of first responders, emergency managers, and policy makers.
We are seeking an experienced emergency manager with exceptional project management skills to help drive this exciting transformation through the development and implementation of SALUS.
The Program Manager will lead SALUS program implementation for government and non-government agencies in the greater Los Angeles region. You will provide program management support to ensure that all development projects and SALUS implementation are coordinated and completed successfully. As a Program Manager, you will coordinate a number of projects internally, with HSAC partners/consultants, and with SALUS end users.
To be a good fit for this position you will have at least five years of emergency management experience and experience with project management.
This position reports to the Vice President of Operations, and will be staffed at HSAC’s office.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Initiate and manage implementation strategy for SALUS, including identifying and defining use cases and workflows.
- Develop implementation processes, including requirements, milestones, and supporting materials.
- Regularly meet and communicate with SALUS end-users. Coordinate and track the SALUS onboarding process setting clear deadlines, communicating with partners and internal teams, and tracking progress on SALUS configurations.
- Meet with partners to identify specific requirements for their SALUS implementation, including opportunities for customization
- Identify opportunities to enhance SALUS by engaging end users, conducting usability testing, and exploring evolving technology.
- Lead regular project meetings internally with consultants and with external partners.
- Other project tasks as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
- Thorough understanding of project management.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills to effectively lead program management activities for concurrent projects and multidisciplinary teams
- Must possess strong writing skills
- Strong public speaking and presentation skills in front of executive level leadership
- Proven leadership capabilities
- Strong project management is a must
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and project planning software.
You should be comfortable with technology and have strong problem solving skills. You should be able to:
- Manage multiple assignments concurrently and prioritize competing objectives effectively.
- Adapt to changing situations and remain open to trying alternative solutions.
- Build strong relationships internally and with HSAC partners.
Experience and Education Required
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience; Master’s degree preferred.
- 5 or more years of experience in emergency management.
Please send your resume and cover letter letting us know why you are the right addition to our team to: Jobs@hsacouncil.org
We look forward to hearing from you!