Marketing & Communications
At the Homeland Security Advisory Council (HSAC), we strive to catalyze a multi-jurisdiction and comprehensive approach to preparedness, security, and resiliency in the Los Angeles region. We do this by providing innovative technology, unique opportunities for engagement, capability building, and partnerships for the public, private, and civic sectors.
We are building a Marketing & Communications Department to continue to establish HSAC’s role as the single organization coordinating crisis management across jurisdictions and sectors (public, private and civic) in the greater Los Angeles region. We are seeking a creative, innovative, strategic and experienced Marketing & Communications Manager with exceptional project management, writing, and marketing skills to lead this effort.
The Marketing & Communications (MarComm) Manager will have the unique opportunity to help shape the future of HSAC and our programs. As the MarComm Manager, you will lead HSAC staff to define and communicate the ethos and image of the organization. You will lead the development of strategic and proactive marketing and communications plans. It will be your job to tell our story so we may collectively cultivate and support engagement, partnerships, and fundraising opportunities.
To be a good fit for this position you will have at least five years of previous experience, preferably in a political or community-focused communications role or agency.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Coordinate with the President/CEO, Vice President of Engagement & Alliances and the Vice President of Operations & Programs in plan development.
- Manage HSAC’s digital image, including the website, social media, and individual and team presentations/displays, and be responsible for all print materials.
- Lead development and execution of brand reputation initiatives.
- Support outreach to cultivate participation and support of the organization and programs.
- Develop communications that will be utilized to engage key media and social influencers in the region.
- Work with HSAC Program Managers to identify potential story ideas.
- Keep a pulse on external hot topics and key audience sentiment.
- Lead and manage the design of all materials.
- Engage and manage consultants and third parties as needed for support such as website design, printing, proof-reading.
- Track data/metrics to effectively monitor, evaluate and communicate the HSAC story.
- Other project tasks as assigned
Qualifications and Skills
- Communications experience including message development, message distribution via myriad channels, and writing communications plans.
- Experience and genuine interest in uncovering unique and innovative communication approaches
- Working knowledge of social media strategy.
- A keen eye for design.
- Thorough understanding of project management.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills to effectively lead project management activities for concurrent projects and multidisciplinary teams.
- Proven leadership capabilities.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and project planning software.
You should have strong leadership and problem-solving skills. You should be able to:
- Manage multiple assignments concurrently and prioritize competing objectives effectively.
- Adapt to changing situations and remain open to trying alternative solutions.
- Build strong relationships internally and with HSAC partners.
Experience and Education Required
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- 5 or more years of experience in marketing and communications.
Please send your resume and cover letter letting us know why you are the right addition to our team to: Jobs@hsacouncil.org
We look forward to hearing from you!