The HSAC GIS Internship is open to graduate students pursing a graduate degree in GIS, Geography, or a closely related field and has an interest in emergency management, public safety, and/or homeland security.
Interns will support HSAC’s situational awareness platform, SALUS, and provide data procurement and management, quality control, implement new configurations and updates, and other GIS-related tasks as needed. Interns may also prepare reports, conduct research, write correspondence, and participate in meetings on behalf of HSAC.
- All applicants must meet the following, minimum requirements:
- Enrolled in or completed a graduate degree program at an accredited university in GIS, Geography, or a closely related field with a minimum of 3.0 Cumulative GPA
- 1+ years of hands-on professional experience with ArcGIS
- Experience with QA/QC GIS tasks
- Experience with Adobe Creative Illustrator and Photoshop
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to learn unfamiliar technical systems
- Detail-oriented; Creative thinker; Strong time management and communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure during an emergency
In addition to the above requirements, the following qualifications are also desired:
- Professional experience with ArcGIS Online
- Familiarity with geodatabase management and design
- Knowledge of data standards, data management, data quality
APPLY TO THE PROGRAM
Interested applicants should email a cover letter, resume, references, and writing sample to:
- Hector Corral, Project Manager, email@example.com
- Include “GIS Internship Application” in the subject of your email and note your availability (start date & hours/week).